Sometimes Brother printer user face issues like “Brother Driver is unavailable” error in the window while working on the printer. This issue generally arises because of unsuitable or corrupt brother printer drivers. If you are facing a Brother printer driver is unavailable error and you need to resolve this error quickly, then take a look at the most required steps and solve your issue shown in this article.
Brother Printer driver is unavailable error occurs
- Another reason is that the brother driver goes missing due to upgrading to windows 10.
- The most common reason for brother printer driver is unavailable error is corrupt and wrong printer driver. Most of the time printer drivers might get damaged or corrupted after updating to windows 10.
- Brother printer driver unavailable error comes when the Brother printer driver is not compatible with windows 10.
Resolve the Brother Printer driver is unavailable Error with the help of following points
When your printer driver is corrupt, outdated, or installed against your printer then it leads to the issue of brother printer driver is unavailable. If you are seeking this problem, then follow these steps:-
Step-1:- Uninstall printer driver.
The printer driver is unavailable error rise due to corrupted or outdated printer driver. To resolve this issue you should uninstall the printer driver.
- Firstly, press the Windows logo key + R key together to open the run dialog box.
- Now type devmgmt.msc and press the enter button and click on the OK option.
- Locate and select the queues option and click on it to expand from the device manager.
- Right-click on brother printer driver and then choose the uninstall device option.
- Reboot the system after uninstalling the printer driver and then reinstall it.
- To reinstall the printer driver, go on the official printer’s website, and download the latest version of the printer driver.
- Now install the printer driver correctly.
- After the printer driver is installed restart the device.
Read Also: Brother Printer Not Printing Error
Step-2:- Reinstall the Printer driver.
Follow these steps to reinstall the drivers:-
- Download the printer driver and store them on local storage.
- Temporarily disconnect the internet connection.
- Expand printer queues from the device manager and uninstall the device.
- Now open properties from the official manufacturer’s website.
- Select the compatibility tab.
- Now drop down the menu from ‘Run this program in compatibility mode and then choose the previous version of windows.
- The printer driver is installed, click on the restart button.
Step-3:- Updating the operating system.
“Driver is unavailable” error rise by using an outdated operating system. To resolve this error update the operating system.
Try the listed below steps for updating the operating system.
- Press the windows home key and select the settings icon.
- Go to update and security section from the setting windows, select the update tab.
- The device will automatically be updated and after that restart your system.
Printer Driver is unavailable error on windows 7, 8, or Windows 10
One of the main reasons for this ‘printer driver unavailable’ error could be that your system is outdated or maybe you have not updated your system. This error comes in windows 7, 8, or 10 also if all these operating systems are outdated. So update to the latest version of your operating system. All the steps to update your operating system are given in the above article. So update your operating system. Now windows 7 update is closed by the Microsoft team So, no new update is available for windows 7. Please upgrade your operating system from windows 7 to windows 8 for better security and functions.
Customer Assistance for ‘Brother Printer Driver is unavailable error’
This article helps you to fix the ‘Driver is unavailable’ error. If you are facing a printer’s driver issue and you want to resolve this issue quickly and instantly then read all the steps which are mentioned above to resolve this issue in this article. If you are still facing this issue then you can contact to customer assistance team of Brother Printers. Brother printer’s customer care team is highly trained and is always ready to help their customers and resolve the issue of their customers.