HP 2540 all-in-one printer is a very efficient and advanced printer which gives various smart and easy-to-use features so that you can scan, print, and copy your documents very easily. In order to print your documents, you need a compatible device such as Windows 7, 8 and 10 by which you can easily monitor and control your printer. The HP 2540 all-in-one printer is compatible with the windows 10 operating system which makes your printing tasks more efficient and faster.
Steps with setup HP printer with the windows 10 operating system
Step 1: Setup and manage Windows update
- First from the windows, you need to search for and open the “Change device installation settings” option.
- Then from the “Device Installation Settings” tab you need to choose the “Yes” option, and then hit the “Save” option.
Step 2: Connect the HP 2540 printer with the windows 10 supported computer
- USB connection setup
- First you need to carefully connect the USB cable to the printer.
- Ensure that the computer is turned on and connected to the Internet.
- Turn on the printer and connect the USB cable to the printer’s rear and to the computer.
- When “Found new hardware” window get pop-up then follow the pop-up instructions step-by-step to install the driver.
Read More-: HP Deskjet 2635 Will Not Print Anything
- Connect the printer to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Start the software installation
- First turn ON the computer start then go to the “HP full feature print driver and software installation” option.
- After that you need to visit 123.hp.com/DJ2540 and then press the “Download” option. Note: Once the software gets downloaded successfully, it will get installed automatically.
- During the installation, a connect window get display then you need to STOP at the Connect window! Until the completion.
Step 3: Restore and manage your printer’s wireless settings
- Before proceeding further, first you need to ensure that the printer is turned ON. If it is OFF then turn it ON.
- If in case the wireless light is blinking, then move to the next step to continue installing the software.
- After that you need to hit the power button to proceed further.
- While holding down the power button, press the Start Copy Black button twice and after that you need to click on the “Cancel” option thrice.
- Once done, now you need to release the “power” button. Now check if the wireless light is blinking or not. Note: Repeat these steps if the wireless light does not blink.
- Now “Continue” to the next step to install the software (HP auto wireless connect feature offers you 20 minutes to complete the software setup).
Step 4: Continue the software installation
- First install the software to finish setting up your HP printer and then connect it to the wireless network.
- Go to the HP installation Connect tab then you need to press the “Continue” option.
- Once done now you need to follow each pop-up instruction step-by-step until the “Connection options” get displayed on the screen.
- Then from the “Connection Options” you need to choose the “Wireless” and then hit the “next” option to proceed further.
- Once done, now you need to select the any given below method for the wireless network setup
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
You need to press the “Yes” option and then hit the “Next” option to proceed with the setup.
- Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection
- For this, you need to connect the USB cable to the printer’s rear and to the windows 10 supporting computer.
- Once the setup gets completed then a prompt will get displayed. Once done, now you need to unplug the USB cable from the port.
- Now you need to continue with the on-screen instructions. Once done, then you check the compatibility of your printer and computer by performing a test print. If the test print is successful then you need to stop here. And if the test print fails then I need to proceed with the given solution below.
Technical support for fixing the HP 2540 printer and windows 10 compatibility issue :
In case you are not satisfied with the given above setup steps then you can contact the HP expert’s team via 24/7. A team of skilled technicians will analyze the issue and provide you with the best possible solution. You can also seek the HP virtual assistant for more information regarding the setup and product related services.