If you want to print from your iPhone or iPad, the process may be less complicated than you think. The quickest and most straightforward method of printing from an iPhone is to connect it to a printer that supports AirPrint, which allows you to print immediately over a wireless connection.
In addition to using AirPrint, you can print wirelessly without using AirPrint by downloading the printer’s software on an iPhone or iPad, or by connecting your devices using a USB connection and adapter. Here’s how to do the task.
Printing with AirPrint Is A Breeze.
- You must first launch the application from which you wish to print.
- In order to access the print feature, tap the app’s share symbol — either the reply icon or the share icon — or tap.
- Scroll down and select the printer icon or Print from the drop-down menu. If you are unable to locate the print option, check the User Guide or Help section of the application. AirPrint is not supported by all applications.
- By tapping Select Printer, you can find a printer that is compatible with AirPrint and connect it.
- Select the number of copies you want to print, as well as any other options you wish, such as which pages you want to include in the print job.
- Print can be accessed from the upper-right corner.
You have the option of viewing or canceling your print job:
Using the App Switcher, you can keep track of your print jobs and cancel them as they are being printed.
- To view a print job, open the App Switcher and then select Print Centre from the drop-down menu.
- To cancel a print job, open the App Switcher, select Print Centre, and then select Cancel Printing from the drop-down menu.
Know more : HP Officejet Pro 8600 not scanning Issue : Fixed
Don’t Have an Airprint Enabled Printer?
AirPrint is the quickest and most convenient method to print from your iPhone or iPad. When you use AirPrint to link a printer to your iPhone, you may print immediately from your device over a wireless connection.
You may also print from your iPhone without using AirPrint by downloading the printer’s app or connecting your iPhone to the printer through a USB cable.
Without Airprint, How To Print From An iPhone Or iPad?
Not all printers, especially those that are a few years old, are equipped with the AirPrint capability. Nonetheless, if they are equipped with wireless capabilities, you should be able to print from them wirelessly – you’ll simply need to download the printer’s app from the App Store.
As a quick advice, if you have an HP printer, you should install the HP Smart app on your iPhone or iPad. Alternatively, for Canon printers, the Canon PRINT InkJet app can be downloaded.
To set up a printer on your iPhone or iPad without using AirPrint and then printing from it, follow these steps:
1. Launch the printer’s application on your mobile device.
2. Turn on the Wi-Fi capability of your printer.
3. Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your phone or tablet and select the Wi-Fi option.
4. Find your printer under “OTHER NETWORKS” and select it with a tap.
5. Open the document, image, or webpage that you wish to print, and then click on the “Share” icon to the right.
6. You should now be able to print from the app by connecting it to the printer using the app.
Steps To Print From An Iphone Or Ipad Using A Usb Cable?
If you want to print from an iPhone or iPad to a printer that doesn’t have a wireless connection, you’ll need to employ a piece of hardware as a bridge between them. For this task, you’ll require a USB cable as well as a USB OTG (on-the-go) adapter, which will link your iPhone to the USB cable.
To print from an iPhone or iPad using a USB cord, follow these steps:
1.Connect one end of the USB cord to your printer and the other end to the USB OTG cord after turning on your printer. Connect the other end of the USB OTG cord to your iPhone or iPad and you’re done.
2. A pop-up window should open on your iPhone or iPad; simply hit “OK” to dismiss it.
3. To print a document from your iPhone or iPad, open it and tap the Share button.
4. Select “Print” from the Share menu on the left-hand side.
5. On the Printer Options screen, the connected printer should be displayed next to the word “Printer.”
6. Select “Print” from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner.