If there is poor quality prints and low ink warning messages are receiving then it is means that it is time to replace your ink cartridge. Before changing the ink cartridge of your HP printer you should be aware of the following:
- Always keep a check on the ink levels and in case if they are low then replace them immediately.
- Make sure that you are using the genuine ink or toner cartridges.
- All the HP series printers have specific serial and label number that need to be mentioned on the ink cartridge.
- Each product has different sequence in which the cartridges are arranged, so ensure that you are installing each cartridge into its respective slots carefully.
Causes of HP printer in changing ink-
- HP ink cartridges are designed in a way to get easily inserted into the printer. Incompatible cartridges may results in the print failure.
- You might encounter an issue when your HP printer won’t print after changing to a brand new ink cartridge.
RELATED POST: FIX COLOR PROBLEM IN THE HP OFFICEJET 6958
Steps to change ink in HP printers
- Turn on the printer. Then, open the printer’s exterior lid and the print cartridge access door.
- Now wait for about 10 minutes so that the printer gets cool down.
- Press down on the old cartridge to get it released from the printer’s slot.
- Now take the new cartridge and unwrap it carefully. Don’t touch copper colored ink nozzles touching this may lead to an ink failure.
- Replace the new cartridges in its correct slot. There must 2 slots: Tri color slot on left and black slot on right.
- Slide the new ink cartridge at an upward angle position into the slot and push cartridge towards the back until it snaps into its right place.
- Once done, now you should carefully close the exterior lid of the ink cartridge.
- After that you need to re-align an output tray extender. Then wait until the printer gets ready to print.
- On the control panel there will be ink levels on the printer’s display are once again full and then print it.
Ways to fix ink change in HP printer
Fix1- Remove the plastic tape from the new cartridge- There are chances that you had installed a new inkjet into HP printer and you forgot to remove the plastic tape from the brand new ink cartridge. Chances are that it clogs your print task or creates a bad electrical connection that might damage the functionality of printer. Try to print a test page to see if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix2- HP printer software update
- Visit the HP official website and input your printer’s model number.
- Download the available software patch to initiate the installation.
- Once done with the on-screen installation process, reboot your system to complete the configuration.
- After that you need to print a test page again and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Fix3– Try to lean the cartridges slot – Turn off HP printer and detach the ink cartridge from the machine for cleaning. The cartridge slot is prone to dust as it could get in contact with the copper-colored external component, which may stop any cartridge from functioning. This happens usually at a time you are trying to install a new cartridge into printer. Always wipe the cartridges from a paper towel to prevent leakage. Place the cartridge back into the printer and turn on the printer. Try to print a page to ensure that the printer is working properly.
Changing ink in HP printer on windows 7, 8 and 10
- Select printer model name, then preferences (or properties). The printer driver setup window appears. On the maintenance tab, select the ink cartridge settings window, click on the Ink cartridge drop –down to check the setting, and then select ok.
- Click the start menu and type devices and printers in the start search field.
- Click devices and printers from the search results.
- Now you need to hit the “printer”, and then analyze the level of ink and toner cartridges. In case you find low level of ink and cartridges then replace them.
Technical support for HP printer changing ink
Highly –skilled technical specialists of HP Printer Support Team will get in touch with you and provide you the best possible solution.