What is HP printer 5520, 6520 printer not printing black ink?
HP printers are engineered to help provide a hassle-free user experience. A printer is an external device that will convert software into graphics or text representations on papers and other printing platforms .These printers can be categorized as dot matrix printers, daisy wheel printers, inkjet printers and laser printers but HP has its own classification based on the type of use of printer.
Major causes of HP Printer not printing Black Ink
While working on the Printer i.e. when you are taking printouts there may some issues that come across. One such of the troublesome issue is image being too dark. Below are few reasons which can be the reason for this error
- Poor contact in primary charging bias between product and cartridge.
- If the protective tape has some issue which has to be taken care of.
- The ink is not enough to complete the given commands.
Steps to fix the error 5520
- Clean the Print head – Cleaning the print head is a resolution some HP printer users have confirmed fixes the printing. Select a deep cleaning option from a Printer Maintenance menu on an HP printer’s control panel. When you will select cleaning option may give an output for multi-color print.
- Open the printer troubleshoot-Windows 10 users can open the printer troubleshooter by clicking the Cortana .Then enter troubleshoot in the search box. And select troubleshoot to open the settings app window. After this select printer and click run the troubleshooter to open the window in the snapshot and select HP printer model listed in troubleshooter’s window. Go to next button for fixing the printing. To open the printer troubleshooter in other windows press the windows key + R hotkey. Nowgo to ‘Control panel’ and then click the OK button. Click troubleshooting to open the control panel. After that click view all on the left of the window to open a full list of troubleshooters. After this go toclick printer and choose administrator as select Run.
- Fix the printing with HP print and scan Doctor- Click the HP print and scan Doctor link on HP page to download the software’s setup wizard.Then click HPPS.dr.exe in to install HP print and scan doctor. Click start to select HP printer, and then press the next button. After this select the fix printing option. After this, there can be few icons to show that few fixed highlights. If so, close the troubleshooter and try printing again. Alternatively, you might see an X icon. If so continue with the troubleshooting and follow the instructions it provides to fix the issue.
- The cartridge which has to be placed need to be of HP otherwise there might be some error, other cartridges at times do not go well with these HP printers. Replacing a third party cartridge might fix an HP printer. The HPwebsite includes a search box to find compatible ink cartridges for them.
- Replace cartridges that are low on ink-Many users check the ink levels when a printer stops printing black ink. When to change the cartridge is something which many users are confused about, so whenever an exclamation mark is shown on the indicator for ink that is when the level of ink is not up to the required level.
- Align the print head – A printer might not print black ink if it has not been calibrated. Most HP Printers will include an Align print head option on their Printer Maintenance .Selecting that option will calibrate the printer and print an alignment page. The above mentioned steps will most probably eliminate the error.
HP printer not printing black ink on windows 7, 8 and 10
- Windows 10 users can open the printer trouble shooter by clicking the Cortana type here to search button on the taskbar.
- Enter troubleshoot in the search box.
- Select troubleshoot to open the settings app window shown below.
- Select printer and click run the troubleshooter to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Select HP printer model listed in the troubleshooter’s window.
- Then press the next button to fix the printing with the troubleshooter.
- Enter the control panel after opening the troubleshooter.
- Go to the troubleshooting to open control panel applet below.
- Click view all on the left and right click printer select run as administrator.
Technical support for HP printer not printing black
If problem persists then you can reach us at care team. HP Printer provides its users 24/7 customer care support managed by the account pro team.