HP OfficeJet 6958 is an all-in-one inkjet printer. It is an amazing and popular printer of the HP series. OfficeJet 6958 comes with smart features by which you can scan, copy, and fax your documents easily. More than this it also facilitates its users with an automatic document feeder, built-in faxing, and Wi-Fi networking. No doubt it is a very good printer, but it is also malfunction sometimes. The very common issues are getting streaked or faded printouts, color or black ink not printing, documents with blurred, ink streaks, and many other color problems while working on HP OfficeJet 6958 printer. If you are also running with this issue, then you need to read the whole content so that you’ll get a clear idea about the causes and fixation of the color related problems.
Reason behind color problem in HP OfficeJet 6958
- This error occurs in the HP OfficeJet 6958 due to the use of an outdated and corrupted printer driver.
- Obstructed and clogged ink cartridges may also lead to this problem.
- Print setting is also one of the reasons for this issue
- Color problems arise in HP OfficeJet when the ink cartridge is not seated correctly.
- The faulty printhead is another reason for the color problem in HP OfficeJet 6958.
- An incompatible operating system may lead to the color problem in the HP OfficeJet 6958.
RELATED POST: ENTER WPS PIN N HP PRINTER
How to fix color problem in HP OfficeJet 6958
If the user’s printer is running with this error and user’s are unable to resolve it on their own, so to solve this error try to follow the steps which are given below:-
Step1: Clean your printhead
- Check your printhead if switching ink cartridges don’t work. Ensure that your printhead is not locked. Clean your printhead manually if you can remove it.
- Load plain and white paper into the paper tray.
- In the control panel press the down arrow to select the setting, and after that click on ok.
- Press the down arrow to select tool, and now press ok
- To select clean printhead press down arrow, and then press ok.
The process to clean the hp OfficeJet printer printhead is completed now
Take a sample to print a page to ensure that error is resolved or not. If error persists, then continue to the next section.
Align your printhead
- Always use plain or white paper of recommended size (i.e. A3, A4, etc) into the paper tray.
- To select the setting, press down arrow in the control panel and now press ok.
- To select tools, press down arrow, and then press ok.
- To select align printer press down arrow and press ok. Now an alignment page is printed.
- Now open the lid
- On the scanner glass with the printed side down, place your alignment page and now position the page on the glass [front right corner].
- To scan the alignment page close the lid and click on ok option.
- Alignment is completed, recycle, or discard it.
Step2: Hp software reinstallation
- Get the latest version of full feature software for your HP printer device after uninstalling the hp software. Turn on your printer device to disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Now search on your window and then type your printer model number and click on the submit option.
- For your printer, a list of compatible software will display on your result window.
- Now your operating system will detect automatically.
- From the driver tab, click on the download option for the full software package and after that select basic driver.
Step 3: Replace the ink cartridges
- Turn ON your printer.
- Wait for a minute until the printer gets idle.
- Now open the ink cartridge access door and then promptly replace the ink cartridge.
- To remove the plastic wrap from the ink cartridge, pull up the orange tab carefully.
- After that you need to rotate/turn it until it breaks off.
Step4: Check ink smears
- Load plain white and paper into the input tray.
- Open setup from the control panel,
- Now open the printer maintenance and tools menu.
- Touch clean page smears.
- Now check by printing a page.
Printer error “color problem” on window 7, 8, or 10
This error comes in Windows 10 and it also comes in window 7or 8. We have discussed all the steps to lead with the issue on windows 7, 8 or 10. You can follow all the above steps to resolve this error for windows 7, 8 or 10.
Help Desk for “common problem’’ in hp OfficeJet 6958
For further assistance of HP Printer a team of skilled technicians will provide you the best solution for any raised query.